Monday 23 July 2012

Bike night?

Mmm, Bike Night. Clearly not as exciting (to me) as little squares of embroidery. Or it has got lost in the exciting events of recent days. Bike night is about things that go brum brum, and I did take a bit of a video of a wet street in Barton. I did take a fancy to a small Italian vintage bike which had broken down at the bottom of the hill. I think it is a Parelli or summat; it's blue, slim, and a 125 cc. About right.

I do like to see the bikes coming down the hill into Barton.

Bikes descending
Elswick motored bike
Happy with this
There were some oldies too, even one that had been made in Barton in the days when cycles were made here. This one is an Elswick. The people who were looking after it were suggesting I could have an engine fitted to my trusty new steed pictured here.                                                                           

This little bike came in at about £220, and it is holding its head up high here among the big boys.

Admittedly, Barton's normally quiet Priestgate looks pretty decorated with these things.  But I don't think my heart is in it, do you?                                                

Priestgate

No comments:

Post a Comment