Saturday 8 October 2011

First steps

It's my lucky day today! I wasn't sure, as it took me 6 hours to get home from London, though the train was not crowded and seemed so spacious I thought I must have gone into first class by mistake. But when I got home, I knocked a toilet roll in to the loo, but caught it before it hit the water!

Pink bag and scarf at the BL
I spent a little time in the British Library cafe, which is so handy for Kings Cross station, since I had failed to find out the train times correctly and had to kill an hour and a half in London; funny, I had to do the same thing in Hull only last Tuesday! I must do this again, but preferably only at the London end so I have time to wait for my train in the lovely cafe (by far the best place to wait for a train from Kings Cross; to reflect on, savour the days away, and prepare for the homeward stretch), where I decided not to open my laptop, and instead unrolled and perused my new dress pattern designed by the Carolyn Denham of Merchant and Mills http://merchantandmills.com/patterns-dresses/ This one, the Panel,  is no. 7 on the list, and no. 3 was the starting point for the Sarah and Hagar dresses. Carolyn cuts patterns beautifully (presented in traditional cardboard form), unlike a lot of the dowdy offerings in the more usual paper pattern outfits that just make one yawn or cringe, and often both.
More practice needed





But the piece de resistance of today's pics is surely this one of grandson Eddie taking his first steps. Well, not literally his first; actually about his 6th, 7th and 8th. It's a bit blurry, for obvious reasons - he was moving and I was excited.

I'll have to stop now as I have work to do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment