Thursday 2 February 2012

Moving in

Dear reader! I have just moved house! Not literally of course, but getting a new laptop is much the same. There's the stage where the vans are parked outside, and the house is all pristine within, and then they have to go and spoil it by carrying it all in for you, and really you'd rather just live out of the suitcase of essentials packed to see you through the whole exhausting process. But things are looking up, and t'owd man has put up some 'shelves' now for me to keep my photographs etc on, and so blogs will recommence with a vengeance I hope. Plus, I had my head down in some 'work' as I call my activities sometimes.

So here is just one pic from a recent bike ride, and one pic of some 'work'. I tend to cycle over the Humber quite a lot, and notice its many moods. I call this one 'Humber stretch marks' 'cos it reminds me of.... no no really, I won't go there as they say. (When did we start this not 'going there' business? It was much later than the 60s, where it had no part when people were busy 'letting it all hang out'. A term that perhaps dates from when people began to take various legal actions after others had been a bit too 'up-front'. You can guard against such things if you remember not to 'go there' too readily.)

So I leave you with the start of my work on Psalm 45, as you see just a few scraps cut up from clothes I haven't made yet, relating to v 8, 'Your robes are all fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia'. I did some research and found that these fragrant substances are derived from the bark and resins of trees. This creature is having fun, and I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment