Sunday 18 September 2011

Viv goes to town

All packed up and ready to go... Ooooh dearrrr! I feel a bit sick and giddy. Never mind, I'll be fine once I've been to that fashion event and had a bit of champagne, and maybe Igor will have a goodie bag for me, or a rummage pile.... Here's ClothQ ready for off looking a bit like Cloth KKK, and just to revisit old times, I stayed up till after midnight making something really essential, which is the badge that proclaims 'Textile Exegete'. Stuck on my Katharine Hamnett jacket, no less. Not that I'm label conscious of course; I got that for 20 quid at 'Labels' in Barton. One of many bargains from there. But I don't want bus-loads of people coming up from London to snap things up. There was the Karen Millen beaded dress, also 20 quid....

But I'm not allowed to go to town until I've processed the whole of the apple harvest that you see here. Oooh dear! I'm feeling like one of those princesses locked up in a tower, you can't do this until you've done that impossible task!

Look, anyone, come and get some; they're all washed. I've got a loaf of bread in the bread maker for t'owd man, who is going to take me across the bridge to the train; hope there are no trolls today. Poor thing, I made a list of all the people I'd neglected in a recent blog entry, and, oh dear, I neglected to say that I'd neglected him! Was I in trouble! I tried to explain... I meant I neglected those people outside the house, I didn't mean that he... oh dear, stop digging.

Killer heels
So I'm going to try and see that exhibition of treasure thingies at the British Museum, caskets for relics and so on. I'm sure I'll get a lot of inspiration. Just going off to polish my killer heels..... You really ought not to laugh, cos when I wear my own choice of stuff, I get people in the street that I don't know taking my picture surreptitiously. You think they think, 'How can anyone go out like that?' I know, I know, it happened at the top of Bow Fell in the Lake District once... it's a fairy thing..... and she said 'Can I take your picture? Because no-one will ever believe me when I say what I've seen if I don't.' No, I'm not putting that one on the blog. Not here, not now anyway; maybe when I'm rich and famous. But t'owd man has to keep his job for now. So I'm off........ wish me luck! It'll be all serious stuff here when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment