Friday 9 March 2012

"De-clutter your life"

Verbot
This says everything about why my house is a little stuffed. Verbot. Who he? http://www.theoldrobots.com/verbot.html
Currently (for the last few decades anyway) residing on one of our windowsills, In Case One Of The Boys Wants It.

So I woke this morning full of Intent. Intent to 'declutter my life' and all that. This meant staying in bed way beyond the normal time to do research by laptop. All those websites to trawl through. I'm exhausted. None of them told me the obvious thing - so unhelpful - 'Get out of bed first'.

Compost lurks
But I have not been totally idle. The other day I even decluttered the compost bin, well one of them. Our garden contains many heaps. The compost corner at the far end is larger than most Barrett house gardens. But we have this 'food compost bin' closer to hand to which I trot in mi dressing gown most days, sometimes in the dark hoping I'll find it, as it's slightly hidden behind a bush. Here it is in all its glory - the plastic bin has been lifted off top-wards to reveal about 2 years' worth of potato peelings, and a lot of egg shells which are still intact and make the whole thing very pretty, a better collage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collage than I could ever make. Delving in, I found as usual a lot of very warm and happy little worms. Poor things, I ejected them into the night air. I hope they burrowed down before they caught a chill. The night air? Yes, I have to begin gardening about an hour before nightfall, because I have an addictive personality. That way, I have to stop gardening after a short time, i.e. when it gets dark, instead of starting at 9 am and doing it all day because all of a sudden 'this is all I ever wanted to do with my life.!'

Psalm 65
So I have done other things too, and one of them was to start the day making some Psalm 65 fabric for the 'gateway of the morning'. Then after a few cups of coffee I was able to move on to the 'tumult of the people'. Here are all the fabrics for Ps 65 assembled, and they will be transformed into the secret things I'm making for my exhibition in November in Southwark cathedral teashop. Oooh, I'm nervous! Textiles on display, and all those sticky fingers and 'Oooh, just feel this - it's all knobbly/smooth/velvetty!'

Homage to Klee
The tumult of the peoples
Yes, there is a bit of Klee in there, and here it is in all it's 'ripped-off' glory, a sort of edited version painted onto some stiff cloth prior to cutting out. No, I'm not ripping off, I'm paying homage, it's meant  to look like Klee. http://www.conservapedia.com/Paul_Klee Then there is the Tumult in preparation, before it has been calmed by God. Something of the 'can of worms' about it.

Oooh [a word I over-use, I know] - all that activity! I ought to 'get on'.

[What do you mean, "You've done nothing today"? I've done this!]

No comments:

Post a Comment